Bismillahi
A hotelier, Alhaji Sabitu Nofiu a father of 30-year-old Babatunde Nofiu allegedly killed by operatives of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad in Iwo, Osun state disclosed how the incident has caused anguish to his family.
The Punch reports that Alhaji Nofiu said his son was a very good boy, respectful, industrious and easy going adding that He was planning to travel out of the country.
The hotelier further disclosed that the late Babatunde was scheduled to travel to Dubai (United Arab Emirates) on Monday, September 10 saying he was killed barely two weeks to that time.
We eventually got a mini bus to Iwo. Suddenly, those in the bus with me said we should turn back that we should no longer continue with the journey to Osogbo. Then I knew they had heard something which they didn’t want to tell me. I called his elder sister who earlier received the call when we got back inside and asked her if she didn’t think Tunde had died. She said she also had the same thought. I knew the worst had happened but the people did not want to break the news to me.
''I decided to go and sleep at a brother’s place because I knew that they would not want to mourn if I had not told them that he had been killed. I returned home around 6.30am the following day and that was how they started wailing. People started trooping in to condole with us.''
A regional reporter in Osun state, Sola Adetona, reports that Nofiu was said to be spending holidays in the town when the ugly incident happened.
It was gathered that the student who was going to Iwo from Olupona was shot dead on Thursday night, August 23, and the incident led to a protest by the angry youths
Related Posts :